Athena™ Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Athena™ Faction Forum Of Granado Espada (sGE)

2 posters

A Plan for Mufasa ?

Jolteon
    Jolteon

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

A Plan for Mufasa ? Empty A Plan for Mufasa ?

Post by Jolteon Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

First of, I am not sure, since I didn't talk to any of the leaders about a plan, because its hard to communicate properly on GE. I have no idea if we do/do not have a plan on how to defeat Mufasa, every time we go in, we learn something new, which is always good. From what I noticed, we were lacking a few tankers, domi and toto were doing a very good job, but they weren't enough. We need approximately, 3~4 tankers each raid, just to hold mobs and the Dominator( I dont remember the exact name ), and we can hope that it would get bugged at the stairs again, just like last time.

I made this " map " a few mins ago, and I think it should help us coordinate better. Now let me explain how it works, most people probably are thinking the same, but for first timers this could be helpful.
    A Plan for Mufasa ? Plan3x

As you can see, we are the red and green circles, as well as the black boxes, as the description the picture says. I can safely assume that, the "troops" from Zeia that are supposed to help us, don't do anything basically, just get summoned in and die at the entrance, as I haven't seen them.

My plan is, to keep 3 families with strong characters that can tank, basically defenders, to catch all those nasty Dullahas as soon as they become " mobs " since they are NPC like before they get summoned by Mufasa, when he gets summoned. All the DPSers should have ranged chars, so we can easily pull mufasa back ( flintlock would be great at pulling him back ), so we don't go to where the tankers are and get aggro on mobs from the tankers. The DPSers should all stand BEHIND the pillars, thus making them " immune " to Mufasas HOD like skill, which pulls everybody into him. There is enough room behind the two pillars, for atleast 1-2 Squad(s) and 2 buffers for each.

When the Dominator spawns, we should either have 1 tanker waiting for him or, the tanker nearest to the stairs would get up and provoke it, where we would get some dullahas, but rather them than that beast. We can also hope that it would get bugged like the last two times we did that raid. The tankers at the bottom, should try pulling the dullahans on them somewhere far, so EVEN if the DPSers use melee chars ( Claude, Grandice, etc.. ) we wouldn't pull aggro from the tankers. Im 100% positive we can do this raid, since in the first 5-15min we got him down to basically 50% HP, which is really fast. Leave your comments on this, so we can improve and hopefully finish this raid!
    HeRbY

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-05-25

A Plan for Mufasa ? Empty Re: A Plan for Mufasa ?

Post by HeRbY Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:09 am

Nice effort on the map, etc. I think we need 1 squad of tankers with provoke to handle all the mobs ( instead of just 3-4 ). As for dpsers i think provided the tanking squad can provoke all the mobs spawning we should have enough. If even didnt have enough dpser, i dont think we could have brought mufasa down to 50% in the first place.

The last time the problem was the mobs. I think this is similar to the old elwind solution whereby 1 tanking squad to keep provoking and 1 dpser squad.

Except for the dominator tanker, i think the rest of tankers should be close to dpser squad as the dullahans spawn near mufasa.
    Jolteon
    Jolteon

Post by Jolteon Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 am

Thank you for the reply, well the Dullahans respawn only when killed, so if the tankers PULL them away, they wont post any threat to the DPSers. So there would be no way of the DPSers to pull aggro from the tankers. Because last time we kept killing them in hope that they wouldn't respawn, but they did, but they didn't overcrowd the map, which can only mean there is a limited number or dullahas, which are the NPC like mobs at the beginning of the mission.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:35 am

Nice tread Jolteon. Btw, the dullahan will respawn right? Better dun bother the dullahan, jz let the tanker tank them.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:03 pm

toto got a better way.. which is to lure the dominator to the entrance and i die there with 1 figther.. at base i have 1 figther and resser already die before i lure the dominator to entrance. after dominator stuck at entrace tanker prevent the mob from going in. the ANia troop is gay.. they hit the knight 900++. when they get hit 4300++.
    we need tweech the tactic as the tanker need position themselves well..

DPs wise our wpn can down musafa pretty fast but the number of ppl waiting for res is also alot.
    NO sc == slower dps.
    Once we can stablise the tanking side then we can talking about next topic.
    Jolteon
    Jolteon

Post by Jolteon Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:58 am

Dominica wrote:toto got a better way.. which is to lure the dominator to the entrance and i die there with 1 figther.. at base i have 1 figther and resser already die before i lure the dominator to entrance. after dominator stuck at entrace tanker prevent the mob from going in. the ANia troop is gay.. they hit the knight 900++. when they get hit 4300++.
    we need tweech the tactic as the tanker need position themselves well..

DPs wise our wpn can down musafa pretty fast but the number of ppl waiting for res is also alot.
    NO sc == slower dps.
    Once we can stablise the tanking side then we can talking about next topic.

I didn't think about the tanker dying part, but basically what u just said is the same what I mentioned above, you cant just say something is better than the other without thinking about it carefully. As for placing them the tankers carefully I was either thinking all of them stand on the stairs and don't let anything in, or in the places i mentioned above and lure them away, so we can lure mufasa back every time he teleports away. Everybody has opinions and that's mine. Anyhow good luck in tomorrows raid.

And cyctoo, if you are reading this, to make it clear for everyone you SHOULD post on what we are doing, not expect everybody to act as you would act in that situation and then get pissed. I really hate how you guys ( leaders ) communicate over the phone leaving us, normal members clueless and then start shouting in raids. This message wasn't only for cyctoo, but to anybody who makes plans in this faction. Thank you for taking your time and reading this. I know I went a bit off topic, but I felt like saying that.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:04 am

BTW this is a trial stage. everyone need to try. people who are thinking this want try this.. another people who thinking another different idea want try that. As i mention i think toto method is a better way because i basically a tanker myself but i maybe wrong this time. so u might be right too. we shall take a future look into it.

i dun really care who method to use.. as long it work we kill the raid boss then i listen to that guy. for toto method. it is one way . i not said it work 100% flawless .. for your one is another one. so which one u want.. u decide. but remember who method to use is very dependant on which one more effective.

For the phone thing in athena we really dun have ventlio we do not have and will not have. so it is hard to inform u. but i guess u have the patience from novia .. u sure have for musafa.

anyway this is constructive discussion. no point get endless discussion becoz in the end we dun get the loot we want.

remember initially novia we fail a lot time in the beginning to until now a winning formula in place. This time round we are very luck at least someone think and post here. let move on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content